Southern railways covers the states of Tamilnadu, Kerala, Pondicherry and a part of Andhra Pradesh. Southern railway came into existence on 14th April,1951. Southern railway recruitment cell has released a notification No. CPB/PI/98/Act/TP/Vol.XX vacancy in railway of 862 vacant post for Act Apprentice.
Southern Railways Recruitment Vacancy
The number of railway jobs offered by southern railways in various department under Apprentices Act 1961 are given below.
Note : The given railway jobs are for fresher and Experienced ITI candidates only. In some case these railway vacancies are for ITI candidates.
Carriage and Wagon Workshop/ Perambur
In carriage and Wagon Workshop of southern railway there are a total of 220 railway vacancy. In which suitable number of posts are reserved for candidates belonging to ST, SC and OBC category. Jobs that come under Carriage and Wagon Workshop are given below with number of post allotted to them.
- Fitter – 112 Post
- Carpenter – 46 Post
- Painter – 16 Post
- Welder [G&E] – 61 Post
- Uphoiste – 16 Post
- Machinist – 30 post
- MMV – 25 post
- PASAA – 10 post
Under Electrical Workshop department Electrician and R&AC are the only jobs that are for both freshers and ITI candidates. Other than these two jobs all railway jobs are for ITI candidates. There are a total of 106 jobs in electrical workshop which are given below with the number of post to fill.
- Electrician – 56 post
- R&AC – 36 post
- Wireman – 15 post
- Winder [Armature] – 5 post
- Cable Jointer – 5 post
- Electronics Mechanic – 10 post
- Mechanic [ HT, LT Equipments & Cable Jointing ] – 5 post
- PASAA – 6 post
Southern Railway Jobs only for Ex. ITI Candidates only
The jobs in the below department will be given to those who have done ITI.
- Loco Works
- Engineering Workshop
- Chennai Division – ELS/AJJ
- Chennai Division – RS/AVD
- Chennai Division – RS/TBM
- Cheenai Division – DSL/TNP
- Chennai Division – C&W/BBQ
- Chennai Division – RS/RPM
The Cheenai Division falls under the administration of rrb chennai.
Apart from all the department related to the direct railway maintenance. Southern railway has also posted job for medical personnel. The Jobs will be given to Fresher & ITI students in Railway Hospital under Medical Laboratory Technician [MLT] posts.
- Radiology – 3 post
- Pathology – 8 post
- Cardiology – 9 post
- Programming and System Administration Assistant – 3 post only for Experienced ITI student.
Eligibility for Southern Railway apprentices Recruitment
The minimum academic or Technical Qualification required for Various post under various dept of southern railway are given below.
Railway jobs qualification for fresher category are:
- Fitter – 10th Class
- Electrician – 10th class
- Refrigeration & AC Mechanic – 10th Class
- Carpenter, Painter, Uphoister, Welder – 8th Class
- Medical Laboratory Technicians – 12th Class with Science Stream [ Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects]
Railway Jobs qualification for Experienced ITI category candidates are:
Candidate should have completed 10th Class and have ITI from government recognized institute for a job in Fitter, Machinist, MMV, Turner, Diesel Mechanic, Electrician, Mechanic, PASAA and Cable Jointer
- Refrigeration & AC Mechanic – 12th Class + ITI
- Carpenter, Painter, Welder, Wireman – 8th Class + ITI
Age Limit for applying jobs in Southern Railway Recruitment
For Freshers candidate the age should be within the described age limit for various post.
- Welder, Carpenter, Painter and Uphoister : 15-20 Years
- Fitter, electrical and R&AC : 15-22 Years
- MLT : 15-24 Years
For Experienced ITI candidates the age requirement should be within the prescribed limit.
- Welder, Carpenter, Painter and Wireman : 15-22 Years
- Fitter, Machinist, MMV, Turner, Diesel Mechanic, Electrician, Mechanic, PASAA and Cable Jointer : 15-24 Years
Period of training
For Experienced ITI category rebate will be given in the duration of training. And for fresher candidate the period of training is given below.
- Welder and uphoister will take 2 years of training after securing job.
- Fitter, Carpenter Electrician, Painter and R&AC will take 3 years of training.
- Medical Personnel under MLT with take 6 month training including one week basic training.
Stipend/ Payment for Southern Railway jobs for Apprentices.
- 1st year of training – Rs.5700
- 2nd Year of training – Rs.6500
- 3rd & 4th year of training – Rs.7350
For Diesel Mechanic Trade
- 1st year of training – Rs.5900
- 2nd Year of training – Rs.6700
- 3rd year of training – Rs.7550
How to submit application for Apprentice post in Southern rrb recuritment
The application including attested copies of certificates in a cover to be sent at Workshop Personnel Officer, Office of the Chief Workshop Manager, Carriage and Wagon Works, Southern Railway, Ayanavaram, Chennai – 600023 by ordinary post.
On the cover you have to write Application for Engagement As Act Apprentice – Combined Notification No. 1/2016/Act App/CW/PER.
The application should the reach the office before 20th june, 2016 before 5:00 PM.
Selection of Candidate
Selection of candidates will be purely based on merit i.e. Marks scored by candidate in 10th Class and in ITI. In case if both the candidate have marks older candidate will be preferred for the job. There will be no rrb exam held by railway recruitment.
RRB online : For more details you can always goto www.sr.indianrailways.gov.in